Okay, so I worked hard again on the digsite (or mine, whatever you want to call it now), and I think everything is good to go. I’ll probably change around some of the values of the stuff you can get, but other than that, it’s pretty much done.
So here’s what’s changed:
– Added 100 floors you can dig. Obviously, the more valuable minerals are lower. Diamonds can only be found on floor 100.
– You can dig up a ladder that will let you go down to the next floor.
– Added random cracks in the floor that will make you fall down, or up! Very much like HM: Magical Melody.
– You can choose to wear overalls which will halve the stamina cost of digging.
– You can dig up energyroots, which will restore some of your stamina and energy.
Overalls are not yet sprited on the characters, but they are fully functional. I can’t believe I went through this much trouble of upgrading the mining mini-game @_@
On the subject of overalls, there are these special kind of clothing you can make in Tailor Tales, which I dub the ‘occasional clothing’, since you have to trigger a certain event to get it. You get the ability to make these after a NPC tells you to make it. For example, become friends with James the carpenter, and he might tell you how to make overalls that you can wear at the digsite. You can also wear a bikini for a beach festival, pajamas to go to bed to or walk around half naked in town, costumes for the annual ball – or your own wedding dress.
The fun part of these occasional clothing is that if you wear them, NPCs will note your clothing/have different dialogue. You can only make them once, and can’t sell them.