Tailor Tales beta 0.9 is now out. Want to help beta-test? Then download one of the links below. Download the one that says With RTP if you do not have RPG Maker VX/RTP installed. Download the one without it if you do.
Without RTP (68 MB):
With RTP (99 MB):
(if download links are set to private, it means beta testing is over)
Everyone, read the text file – it tells you what to test for and what the controls are.
If you are getting errors installing the one with RTP, then just delete that entire folder, go to the RPG Maker VX website and download the RTP over there, install it, and then simply download the one without RTP in this post, and everything should work.
Please read the text file included (though I know most of you won’t, but try to) to see what you need to test for, the controls, and differences from beta 0.8.5. I also included the images for Bill’s and James’s schedule if you are having trouble finding them.
For newcomers, here’s an image to guide you through the player’s house:
Report any bugs you find on this post, or in any of the development threads I have created on separate forums.
Known bugs in beta 0.9
These are the bugs that have already been found:
– Staying in Bill’s house (3 hearts) when it hits 10:00 or 14:00 makes you unable to move until the next hour kicks in.
– Seeing James walk out of his home (3 hearts) means you are unable to leave the 2nd floor due to an invisible blockage near the stairs.
– Slight lagging of rain/snow/storm when exiting the menu.
– Despite there only being 100 floors at the digsite, you can still fall through cracks which will let you exceed this number.
– NPCs stop moving if you try to interact with them.
– Bill’s schedule can be somewhat inconsistent inside of his house.
– Not dying anything renders the menu inaccessible until you make some yarn, cloth, clothing or go to sleep.
– James’s schedule on Monday in District 2 doesn’t work correctly.
– In the dress sewing menu, the Flax dress option has permanent arrows on it.
– Rain BGS sound carries over to the titlescreen.