Tailor Tales beta 1.0 is out now. Want to help beta-test? Then download one of the links below. Download the one that says With RTP if you do not have RPG Maker VX/RTP installed. Download the one without it if you do.
If you had downloaded and installed the RTP from the last beta, you do not have to do this again, and so download the one that says without RTP.
Without RTP (59 MB):
With RTP (86 MB):
(if download links are set to private, it means beta testing is over)
Everyone, read the text file – it tells you what to test for and what the controls are.
If you are getting errors installing the one with RTP, then just delete that entire folder, go to the RPG Maker VX website and download the RTP over there, install it, and then simply download the one without RTP in this post, and everything should work.
For newcomers, here’s an image to guide you through the player’s house:
The closet in beta 1.0 is unavailable, as well as the extra dyes and special thread. You also don’t start out with all the items anymore, nor have any access to half of these. This was done so that beta-testing will feel more like playing the real game because you have to work hard to gain those materials. The market is still not functional.
Ship any items you’ve found or made at the Town Hall in District 2 (check the map if you’re lost). Items you’ve bought from Bill, Calvin, Roy or from the General Store will be shipped for half the price.
The sewing machine can be bought for 7000 gold at the General Store.
Post bugs you find as a reply on this post, thanks! Happy beta-testing!
Known bugs in beta 1.0
– Calvin’s schedule acts wonky when it is 14:00 and you’re in District 4. It’ll be fixed when it’s 15:00.
– When shipping something, and then selecting ‘no’ when it asks you to ship it, you’ll lose all of the money you’re currently holding.
– Trying to save, on any map, can randomly crash your game (black screen with music still playing).
– You can buy cotton from Bill even though he’s not at the counter.
– Interacting with Bill while he is entering/exiting the map, will cause his sprite to still continue his route, despite talking to him.
– The fox can be found sleeping all day long in the cave.
– James will be in Wyde Forest on a Friday before he is supposed to be there. It will only update if you go to a map where he is supposed to be.
– You can buy as much wool and cotton as you want, except it stops at 99 and won’t give you any more than that, but still deducts the price from it. Same thing for items you buy at the store.
– The digsite does not generate random cracks on any floor. You might also run into the problem of not finding the ladder on the 1st floor to go down to.
– You are able to open up the menu at inappropriate times (such as when a textbox is open, or during a shop event).