I haven’t really worked on the actual game for a while, and instead have been focusing on sketching characters and completing their portraits.
I have edited Roy’s portrait to remove the long strands of hair based on suggestions (though I won’t be editing his in-game sprite), so here’s how he looks now.
Damn, that means my header is outdated, again!
And then I finished op Nadya’s portrait. Nadya has my favourite character design of them all, with Buck being a close second.
I’m beginning to notice a quality difference between the early portraits I made, versus the ones I recently made. For example, Joselina was one of the first portraits drawn, plus she has a small resemblance to Nadya, and you can tell she’s kind of plain and Nadya has a lot more ‘oopmh’. This has nothing to do with their breastsizes.
Grr, I hate when I get better at a certain style and my old stuff starts looking dated … and then I start editing the old stuff to match the new stuff – AND IT’S AN ENDLESS CYCLE. I must restrain myself from doing this, otherwise I’m never gonna get anything done.
I’ve also recorded myself when colouring Nadya’s portrait, which will be uploaded to YouTube sometime today. It took me an hour and 20 minutes to finish the line-art plus colouring. Versus the sketching phase which took me like 3 hours haha. I sketch longer than I colour!
Edit: and here’s the video: