I’ve been focusing a lot on the AM system, but I also gotta brainstorm about the dating.
Someone mentioned before it would be nice if you could take out the bachelor to the diner for your date. I agreed, and was planning on adding this in, but didn’t know how to execute it.
So now I’ve been really thinking about it, and this is how it’s going to end up as:
– You will be asked to go on a date by the bachelor (you cannot initiate it yourself)
– The bachelor will then follow you around like a puppy for 2 hours
– There will be a mood bar which will show the bachelor’s mood during the date
– During this time you can randomly chat with him, and his dialogue changes based on location/heart level. This will improve his mood
– More importantly, there will be icons scattered across the maps depicting a certain activity. You can walk up to these, while on a date, to select them and execute that activity
– Each activity does different things, and spans over several minutes to an hour
– After 2 hours, if his mood at maxed out, he’ll ask to hang out some more and Affection Mode will be executed
Basically once you’re on a date, you’ll find some icons around the maps which means you can do a certain activity with the bachelor. You might see a swimming icon at the beach to go swimming with him. You can also go to his home and see several activities as well (Calvin and Roy’s house for example will show a videogame icon to play games with whoever you’re dating). Some of these activities will be unlocked straight away, and some require you to have gone on several dates already or be at a certain heart level. You might also need specific clothing for something (bikini to go swimming for example), or a specific item (a fishing pole to go fishing).
During these activities you are allowed to ask the bachelor a couple of questions, which will be randomly generated based on the activity as well as heart level (and status). This will replace the old questionnaire.
And as you know, if the date has been successful, then you’ll go into Affection Mode.
I’m open for any ideas for activities! So far I’ve come up with this:
- Fish at Wyde Forest
- Watch the sunset at the beach
- Make a sandcastle at the beach
- Take a nap at District 4 on the hill
- Eat sweets at the Bakery
- Eat dinner at the Diner
- Carve a heart in a tree in Wyde Forest
- Admire the moonstone in the cave
- Play tag
- Stargaze during the night
At the bachelor’s house:
- Cook a meal
- Watch TV
- Sleep over (this will disable AM afterwards)
- Play games
- Take a shower (don’t ask)
- Have a pillow fight
- Make pottery, or play in the cotton field with Bill
- Read books, or take pictures with Calvin
- Play videogames, or chess with Roy
- Help James out with his work, or whittle wood
- Have a snowball fight in winter
- Make a snowman in winter
- Collect fallen leaves in fall
- Swim in the ocean at the beach in summer
- Have a picnic in Wyde Forest in spring
At the player’s house:
- Show the bachelor some of your tailoring
- Let the bachelor sleep over
- Cook a meal (if kitchen available)
- Watch TV
And well, those are the ones I’ve come up with. It speaks for itself that you can only read books with Calvin, and make pottery with Bill etc. Either way, I’m still open for suggestions!