Then I’d like to give this project a go again, remaking it on RPG Maker VX Ace. But much smaller in scale (because I now have realistic goals instead of trying to make the next Harvest Moon on my own), and with portraits and such only being added at the last moment, giving priority to actually having a working demo with dialogue.
While I don’t actually have any time to spend on projects (I’m constantly working on creating new tilesets to pay for my rent), I do sometimes think about what I can do to recreate Tailor Tales.
If such a project where to happen, these are the core changes:
- No portraits (they will be added when everything else is finished)
- Focus on one bachelor at a time (and limit them to 4)
- No more side gameplay like mining, foraging, cooking etc.
- No real-time NPC schedules to adhere, NPCs will stay on the map and only change when the player re-enters the map
- No extensive dialogue, it will be cut short
- Smaller world – less maps to explore
- No dating/touching mode for the bachelors
- No marriage
- Different tailoring system
- Different story (no more magical foxes!)
Of course, those are the changes I’d like to have. If I actually started working on it, I would make these points my priority:
- Have a working tailoring system
- Have all necessary maps finished
- Have at least one bachelor be datable
Just some food for thought. I might also replace the bachelors, for a fresh start. I’ve got a certain character that I’d like to give a home to, and that might just be Tailor Tales. So what kind of character archetypes would you like to see?