This is the first official Tailor Tales beta! There’s so much new content added that I felt confident enough to call it beta 1.0 instead of 0.3.
A Mac version will be added later!
– Dimitri’s route has been added! You can now read his first two chapters
– Added Dimitri’s & Alex’s portrait
– Added Neil’s chapters 1 through 18 (16k+ words added from the previous beta). Total word count 41k
– Settings in the menu is now clickable for the following:
- A CG gallery
- Character information
- Save button
- Music button
- Chapter jumping
– Tailoring system now has the following:
- Tops can be created
- Skirts can be created
- Dresses can be created
- Bottoms can be created
– Dress-up system also added
– Character creation added (this will influence your CGs)
– Added a way to take screenshots using PRNTSCR, these will be stored in a Screenshots folder
– Removed multiple save files, creating only a single save file
– Added weather effects
Things that still aren’t added:
– The ability to make jackets
– Designing clothes for clients and earning money and experience
– Accessories such as glasses/hats etc.
In this beta, you are in God Mode, all chapters, items, patterns, colours, hairstyles etc. will be available to you from the beginning to test.
I tried my best to keep it bug free, but considering how complex the new tailoring system has become, bugs will eventually happen. You may crash upon clicking on Design or Outfit, or it may not load the entire way. Older computers with low RAM may not be able to handle the designing or dress-up part at all.
If you encounter any bugs, please show me a screenshot and let me know what you were doing before the bug happened so I can replicate it.
With that said – happy testing! This has been a huge release, and I’m very excited to see people play it.
Some ideas for you to create:
– Create your favourite Disney princess
– Create your favourite anime/videogame/movie character
– Create yourself
Please take a screenshot using the camera icon in the top left corner when dressing up your avatar, and share this image with us! The image can be found in your Screenshot folder :)
And as for waiting so long for this beta release, I added an extra: Dimitri’s first two chapters are available! Just go to your menu, click characters, select Dimitri, and click on “read his story” so that you’ll switch to him. The game will automatically ask if you want to switch to Dimitri’s route after reaching chapter 18 on Neil.
Questions for those that have played the beta:
1. Are you enjoying Neil’s route, do you still like him/hate him?
2. What are your thoughts on Dimitri’s first two chapters? Do you want to read more?
3. Who’s your favourite guy out of Neil and Dimitri? Or perhaps Alex?
4. What’s your favourite CG?
5. What’s your favourite chapter or scene?
6. Which part was the most romantic to you?
7. Out of all of the side characters, is there anyone you would want as a date option?
8. Did you at any point get stuck on a loading screen?
9. Were you able to create clothing using the “Design” button?
10. Did you encounter any bugs while designing?
11. Were you able to dress up your avatar using the “Outfit” button?
12. Was everything easy to use, or were the menus too complicated?
13. What did you like more, creating clothes, dressing up the avatar, or reading the story?
14. Last question; did you have fun!? :D