Small update for Tailor Tales! Not much added story-wise, but loads of different things program-wise (well, I mean, I still added over 12k words). I wanted to release something before I went on holiday and had a one month break from TT.
Mac version finally available!! Not guarantee is actually works, since I’m getting a report it gets stuck when a character appears.
– Sarah, Dimitri and Alex’s voices have been added
– Neil’s chapters 19 & 20 added
– Dimitri’s chapter 3 added
– 1 CG added
– 3 new portraits
– Characters can now blink
– Characters can have threeways
– Several new backgrounds
– Entering your name can now be done with a keyboard
– Fixed a bug with the menu
– Testing special portrait movements (Neil chapter 19, Dimitri chapter 1)
You are still in GodMode in this beta – I think the next beta will perhaps be the first one to not have GodMode on and you’ll have to earn gold to proceed to the next chapter.
Even though two new portraits were added, they are missing their expressions, so they do not yet change and are static images instead. Angela is also supposed to be wearing a different dress, but that’s not in there yet.
I initially wasn’t going to add Dimitri’s CG, so count yourself lucky. Also, I personally am a sucker for this CG.
I had to re-work my entire portrait system to allow for blinking, and TDS was kind enough to help me out and turn it into a plugin. I haven’t tested all of the scenes in the game, but I tested the majority and everything seemed to work without a hiccup, but do let me know if a character is being shown with the wrong body or something.
Please delete your previous version because too much has changed, coding wise. If you want to keep your previous save file, simply copy it from the folder www > save > file1, and paste it in the new version. Don’t forget to copy & paste the images in www > img > pictures > fashion > Completed if you want to keep your clothes.
I may have forgotten to adjust the limit to Neil’s chapters, so you can’t jump any higher than 19 >_> let’s ignore that. You can still progress to chapter 20 normally though.
Dimitri’s chapter 3 also has a line of text added in twice, and Neil’s chapter 19 might have an extra word in there somewhere as well. Forgive me =_=
1. Are you enjoying Neil’s route, do you still like him/hate him?
2. How many fierce and kind points did you score for Neil?
3. How long did it take you to finish Neil’s first 20 chapters?
4. What are your thoughts on Dimitri? And his voice?
5. How long did it take you to finish Dimitri’s first 3 chapters?
6. Who’s your favourite guy out of Neil and Dimitri?
7. What’s your favourite CG?
8. What’s your favourite chapter or scene?
9. Which part made you actually feel happy/angry/flustered?
10. What did you like more, creating clothes, dressing up the avatar, or reading the story?
11. Even though Neil and Dimitri are the only two available options right now, who else are you interested in?
12. Overall comments about the game? Art? Writing? You name it!